Lagos State Government and Kebbi State Government has started rolling out the sale of “Lake Rice’’ which is being sold for N12,000 for a 50kg bag and N6,000 for 25kg.
The Ambode government commenced the sale of the rice on Wednesday in centres across the 57 local governments and local council development areas.
Lake Rice is a product of the joint agricultural venture between Lagos State and Kebbi State Governments, designed to ensure food security and showcase Nigeria’s ability to become a rice producing nation.
The name Lake Rice is borne out of the acronyms of the state with LA standing for Lagos and KE for Kebbi.
See the List of Places to get the rice at the stipulated Price:
- Ikorodu – Odogunyan Farm Service Centre
- Epe – Temu Farm Service Centre
- Eredo – Noforija Town Hall
- Ibeju – Magbon Alade High School
- Maryland – Subeb Premises
- Agege – LSADA Complex/Farm Service Centre
- Ojo – LAISA Office Agric Bus Stop
- Mowo – Coconut House
- Badagry – Town Farm Service Centre, Marina
- Oshodi – Ikeja Grammar School, Bolade
- Ajah – Ministry of Agric Area Office
- Lagos Island – Lastma Office Adeniji/Freeman
- Ajegunle – Alakoto Senior High School, Tolu
- Surulere – TESLIM Balogun stadium
- Yaba – Mobolaji Johnson Sports Centre, Rowe Park